BIOMETRIC ACCESS CONTROL SYSTEMS
Any and all organizations, no matter their size, need hygienic, convenient and ‘fit-for-purpose’ Physical Access Control (PAC) and Logical Access Control (LAC) systems in place.
PAC is a matter of who, where, and when. A PAC system determines who is allowed to enter or exit, where they are allowed to exit or enter, and when they are allowed to enter or exit. Historically, this was partially accomplished through keys and scanners. These are no longer ‘fit for purpose’ as they are cumbersome, and contact-based.
LAC enforces access control measures for systems, programs, processes, and information. One of the more common protocols here is the password. Again, this form is no longer ‘fit for purpose’ as people tend to write these down, share them or just forget them.
Whether the requirement is to access a building, a room, a computer or a cabinet, a biometric fingerprint sensor – embedded either on a smart card or a device – ensures that only authorized personnel gain access since the physical presence of the person is required for authentication.
Benefits of biometric authentication include:
- Touch-free authentication & access
- The fingerprint data never leaves the card (no centralized database)
- Superior levels of security
- Access based on physical presence of authorized personnel
- Existing contactless infrastructure can be leveraged
- Full compliance with privacy regulations
- Multipurpose as suitable for both Logical and Physical access requirements.
- Biometric Technology Advancement Revolutionizing Both Cyber and Physical Security
- Using Biometric Authentication Technology for Patient Safety
- Biometric Access Control System: A Must for the Healthcare Industry
Our fingerprint sensors and biometric solutions are the answer when an identity needs to be authenticated. If you are a smart card or embedded device manufacturer looking to offer innovative identification and authentication solutions to your customers, then do get in touch; we are an experienced fingerprint sensor manufacturer and biometric experts.