Last updated 30 May 2018
1.IDEX’S COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
By using the Site, you agree to allow IDEX to collect and process information as described below, even if that includes sensitive data.
2. DATA CONTOLLER AND DATA PROCESSOR
IDEX is the data controller for your Personal Information. The Marketing Assistant has the daily responsibility for the processing of Personal Information on the Site.
Digitalbyrået A2N AS is data processor, and is IDEX’ supplier of development, operation and maintenance of the Site. The supplier uses sub suppliers.
3. WHERE IDEX STORES AND PROCESSES PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Personal Information IDEX collects from you may be transferred to and computer processed on servers placed in Norway depending on your location.
The data is stored on servers belonging to and operated by the data processor or its sub suppliers.
You consent to the above described transfer and processing of Personal Information.
4. COLLECTION PURPOSES
5. COLLECTED PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you register with IDEX through the Site, IDEX collects and processes the following information from you:
In addition, IDEX, through the Site, automatically collects and processes general data from your computer or mobile device, such as your web browser type and version, and operating system of your computer. In addition, IDEX collects data about how you use the Site, such as the time and date you visited the Site, the areas or pages of the Site that you visited.
IDEX may process this Personal Information for purposes of operating, debugging, maintaining, improving, and optimizing the Site, marketing, and/or to maintain customer relationships. IDEX performs analysis of the data, for the above purposes and also for the purpose of providing its business partners access to relevant data.
You consent to the above described collection and processing of Personal Information.
6. LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING
The legal basis for the processing of Personal Information is your consent and applicable data protection law. IDEX is a Norwegian company and your Personal Information is processed in accordance with the Norwegian implementation of the European Union (EU) Directive on the Processing of Personal Data from 1995 (DIRECTIVE 95/46/EC). Pursuant to the law, you have the right to:
- have your Personal Information deleted
- have any incorrect Personal Information corrected
- information from IDEX, as data controller, regarding the data processing
Any surrender of data is voluntary, but some basic information is needed to enable the Site to operate.
7. DATA SHARING
IDEX does not share Personal Information for any commercial or marketing purpose unrelated to the delivery of IDEX services without asking you first.
The following are the situations where we may share Personal Information:
- With your explicit consent: IDEX may share Personal Information when IDEX has your consent. One example of this would be if you sign up for additional programs offered by IDEX’s partners. If you do this, IDEX may share certain information with the partner.
- For external processing: In addition to the data processor, IDEX may use vendors, service providers, and partners who may help with some of IDEX’s data processing and storage, including customer support services at IDEX’s partners. They may also assist with monitoring IDEX’s servers for technical reasons. These vendors (as well as IDEX personnel) can access certain information about you and your account in order to carry out their work. Such vendors are not allowed to use this data for non-IDEX purposes.
- For legal reasons: IDEX may provide information to government agencies and law enforcement agencies to comply with law, for example, in judicial proceedings or by court order.
- IDEX may share non-Personal Information (for example, aggregated or anonymized customer data) publicly and with IDEX’s partners. For example, IDEX may publish research, or help IDEX generally improve its system.
You consent to the above described sharing of Personal Information.
8. OPTING OUT
IDEX respects the privacy of your Personally Information. If you tell IDEX that you do not wish to have this information used as a basis for further contact with you, IDEX will respect your wishes. You also may choose not to provide IDEX with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of the Site.
You may instruct IDEX to stop sending you certain promotional materials (e.g., e-mail messages and newsletters) by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in those materials. Please note that if you use more than one name or e-mail address when communicating with IDEX or participating on the Site, you may continue to receive communications from IDEX to any name and/or e-mail address which you have not specified in your opt-out request.
IDEX provides you with the following options for accessing or removing your Personally Information from IDEX’s database:
- You can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- You can send mail to the following postal address:
IDEX ASA, Martin Linges vei 25, NO-1364 Fornebu, Norway
IDEX has implemented various physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of Personal Information under IDEX’s control. For instance, IDEX limits access to IDEX systems that store such information to authorized personnel, and IDEX restricts its personnel from processing user data without authorization by IDEX. IDEX will impose appropriate contractual obligations upon its personnel, including relevant obligations regarding confidentiality, data protection and data security.
IDEX will maintain your Personal Information for as long as a business need exists, or as required by applicable laws, regulations, or government orders. When IDEX dispose of Personal Information, IDEX uses commercially reasonable procedures to erase or render it unreadable.
IDEX will not disclose any Personal Information to any government, except as necessary to comply with the law or a valid and binding order of a law enforcement agency.
10. GOVERNING LAW AND VENUE
11. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY