OFF-CHIP SENSOR PRODUCTS
IDEX is one of only two vendors to offer off-chip capacitive fingerprint sensors. The IDEX off-chip sensor solutions portfolio offers a highly customizable variety of sensor form factors, high biometric performance and compelling cost points.
Video demonstrations of IDEX’s off-chip sensor for contactless biometric cards:
Off-chip sensing separates the sensor ASIC chip from the sensing substrate resulting in higher image fidelity, superb noise immunity and market leading wet – dry finger usability. In addition, the off-chip technology offers superior flexibility in sensor design, including using different substrate materials tailored to specific applications.
IDEX’s sensor portfolio is available in customized variations for applications in cards, mobile and IoT. For cards, the off-chip technology enables a thin and bendable polymer sensor withstanding bending, for mobile the sensor has a very compelling cost point for medium sized sensors, and in IoT the sensors allow for integration in resource constrained applications.
IDEX’s off-chip sensor systems are closely coupled hardware – software solutions, with highly optimized image delivery and matching algorithms that result in best in class security strength and outstanding usability. Achieving the highest SNR values in the industry allows IDEX’s off-chip products to perform exceptionally well with difficult fingers, through thick coatings or within high noise environments. One of the only sensors in the market that eliminates common mode noise at the front end via hardware vs. back end post processing techniques. The result is broad demographic coverage, solid performance with difficult wet & dry fingers and transaction class security.
On board encryption blocks provide full transport level security between the sensing system and the host processor and comes with Trusted Execution Environment software reference design and support. Eagle is FIDO-Ready™.
Product briefs for Cards
- IDX3200 Product Brief – Fingerprint sensor for dual-interface cards
- IDX3410 Product Brief – Fingerprint sensor module for contact-based cards
- Off-chip sensing technology
- Customizable organic polymer sensor
- Excellent image quality
- Superior wet – dry finger performance
- Highly tolerant to common mode noise
- Touch fingerprint sensor module
- AC/RF Capacitive Sensing
- Finger-on detection mode
- Fully encrypted SPI Interface data & control
- Interrupt signal
- Payment and security
- Identification and personalization
- Healthcare and Banking
- Mobility platforms (phones, tablets, laptops)
- Computer platforms and peripherals
- Security enabled or personalized consumer electronics