IDEX Biometrics – Let’s Talk Complimentary Partner Network
In our sixth Let’s Talk post on how IDEX Biometrics is more than just a component supplier, David Orme, SVP for Sales & Marketing at IDEX Biometrics, talks about the extensive complimentary partner network that the IDEX team have established over the last couple of years.
IDEX Biometrics’ is focused on developing useful, functional, and affordable biometric fingerprint sensors and solutions, for biometric smart cards, whether they be for use in the Payments, Access Control, ID or Healthcare verticals. We also integrate our technologies into IoT and Access Control devices.
In order to deliver on our motto of “Simple, Secure and Personal Authentication for All” we totally understand that harnessing the strengths and abilities of others from different corners of our ecosystem is the most strategic way for us to scale our innovations and solve complex challenges. In the fingerprint sensor and biometric smart card ecosystem, a “do-it-alone” approach is not going to be the best strategy.
We have therefore focused, over the last couple of years, on building up the most comprehensive complementary partner network within the industry. Our partner network includes major players in each of the following areas:
- Card Inlay & Prelam providers
- Card Integrators
- Card Manufacturers
- Card Networks
- Certification Labs
- IoT Manufacturers
- Secure Element (SE) providers
Today we are working with over 40 major players as we recognize that embedding biometric technology into smart cards and devices is not simple, so we make it a painless process by having everything already set-up and tried and tested.
Some of our partners include:
- CEC Huada Electronic Design Co.,Ltd – HED is the largest Chinese SE company, with a dominant position across several verticals, including national ID, social security, banking cards, and ships more than 1.5 billion pieces annually
- Chutian Dragon Co.,Ltd – one of Asia’s largest smart card manufacturers
- Dongwoon Anatech – a specialist inlay and biometric algorithm supplier in Asia
- Feitian Technologies Co.,Ltd – one of China’s largest smart card integrators and in recent years has established itself as a leading manufacturer of high-volume pre-lam inlays
- Goldpac Group Ltd – one of the five largest card integrators globally, and the only secure payment solution provider in China to hold simultaneous certifications by China UnionPay, VISA, MasterCard, American Express, JCB and Diners
- Hengbao – one of the biggest card companies based in China, covering the banking, telecoms and security sectors
- IDEMIA – the global leader in Augmented Identity, provides a trusted environment enabling citizens and consumers alike to perform their daily critical activities (such as pay, connect and travel), in the physical as well as digital space
- Infineon Technologies AG – the global leader in smart card payment solutions
- Jinco Universal – a leading smart card integration pioneer
- Quest Payment Systems – Australia’s largest full-service payment technology supplier
- Shenzhen Excelsecu Data Technology Co.,Ltd – a leading Chinese supplier and solution provider of data security
- Sian Intelligent Technology Co. Ltd – a leading Chinese smart card manufacturer, specializing in the development, design, manufacturing and sale of dual-interface smart cards
- Silone Cardtech – a leading smart card integrator specializing in the development, design, manufacturing and sale of high quality dual-interface smart cards
- Tongxin Microelectronics Co.,Ltd – a major secure element vendor in China focusing on the smart card industry
- Visionox – China’s largest OLED display manufacturer
- XH Smartcard – the leading provider of solutions on IoT and blockchain technologies which are both data user and data centric.
The previous post in our series on more than a component supplier looked at the testing carried out on IDEX Biometrics Biometric Platform.