Disclosure of voting rights in IDEX – Chairman Morten Opstad
IDEX ASA issues this notice on behalf of its chairman, Morten Opstad, who discloses voting rights to 44.8 per cent of the shares in the company.
Morten Opstad is chairman of IDEX ASA and shall open the annual general meeting of the company on 11 May 2016. Mr. Opstad and his close associates hold or control 6,889,196 shares representing 1.3 per cent of the share capital of IDEX. At close of business on 6 May he had received powers of attorney to represent and vote for 231,326,085 additional shares or 43.5 per cent of the shares in the company. In total Mr. Opstad will represent and vote for 44.8 per cent of the shares in the company.
Some of the powers of attorney may have voting instructions. The powers of attorney are only valid at this annual general meeting.
9 May 2016
Henrik Knudtzon, CFO, +47 9302 2827, hk(at)idexbiometrics.com
IDEX has developed the world’s most advanced fingerprint imaging, recognition and authentication technology. IDEX’s innovative Intellectual Property (IP) is protected by a comprehensive portfolio of more than 225 patents, and IDEX continues to enhance the portfolio with its commitment to ongoing world class research and innovation.
The IDEX business model involves the design of fingerprint sensor IP and products. IDEX sells fingerprint sensor products, and licences its technology to global Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) partners. These partners utilise IDEX IP in a range of innovative biometrically enabled products and pay IDEX either a royalty on every product item produced, or purchase the fingerprint sensor units.
IDEX’s addressable market represents a multi-billion unit opportunity, centred on three core markets:
* Mobile Devices
* ID security and Smart Cards
* The Internet of Things
IDEX has an exciting and competitive product ready road map including swipe sensors, touch sensors with disruptive cost positions, and a unique in-glass solution. The Company is currently in the process of commercialising these products.
In February 2016, IDEX announced that it had received its first production order for its Cardinal touch fingerprint sensor optimized for tier-one mobile handsets, IDEX will begin to ship units in the second quarter 2016.
IDEX also recently announced it had developed the world’s first flexible polymer touch sensor suitable for ISO-card integration.
IDEX ASA (IDEX:NO) is a Norwegian public company, founded in 1995, and its shares are Listed on the Oslo Børs (Oslo stock exchange). For more information, please visit www.idexbiometrics.com or contact IDEX at firstname.lastname@example.org